Thursday 12 February 2009

New Zealand - Hamilton (again!)

I'm diseased! Really I am! It was those bloody (not literally - that really would be a worry) poo samples! Apparently in South America (probably) I picked up some disease that means I've had to be reported to the Communicable Diseases Department! By rights I should be really ill. Some kind of nasty food poisoning apparently. Anyway I'm not, I'm fine, in fact what will all this running and healthy eating I'm the fittest I've been for ages. So they're not going to treat me they're just going to leave it and presume it'll make it's own way out at some point. So lets hope so.

The other crappy thing to happen during this, our most recent, visit to Hamilton is that whilst we were in the supermarket, even though we couldn't have been more than ten minutes and it was a busy carpark and the middle of the day, someone broke into Margery and nicked our stereo :0( The stereo was pretty rubbish so we don't really care about that and but it's a bit scary how easy it was to do. Luckily they didn't take any of our valuables from the back, all Ben's camera equipment was in there, ipods, laptop etc etc, and our insurance doesn't cover us anymore (I won't bore you with why) so it could have been a lot worse. But now Ben's obsessive-compulsive traits have gone into over-drive with repeated doorlock checking and curtain pulling! We've got a steering-lock and stuff now too so fingers crossed we'll be ok.

The good news though is we have a clearer idea about where there are some potential jobs for me. Now we can have a think about where we might want to live and be on stand-by to head off for interviews etc. So far the places on the list basically cover all corners of the North Island, for anyone that wants to check a map they are: Wellington, Tauranga, Napier/Hastings, Hamilton and Whangarei.

No comments: